The DeSHARI consortium led by Action Against Hunger (ACF) in partnership with Christian Aid, DanChurch Aid and Muslim Aid and being funded by European Union Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO) is organizing the National Lessons Learned and Sharing workshop of “Enhance resilience of the most vulnerable community to cope with waterlogging in Satkhira and Jessore districts in Bangladesh” project of the consortium to be held at Spectra Convention Centre (Queen’s Hall), Gulshan-1, Dhaka.
Md. Reaz Ahmed, Additional Secretary, Director General, Department of Disaster Management under the Ministry of Disaster Management & Relief (MoDMR) is going to grace the event as the Chief Guest.
The objective of the project is to improve community capacity to reduce waterlogging risks and to adopt resilient livelihoods strategies for improved nutrition security. The major interventions of the project are Capacity Building, Support for adaptive and alternative Livelihoods and Nutrition, health, Care practice and Hygiene Promotion.
Chief Guest: Md. Reaz Ahmed, Additional Secretary and Director General, Department of Disaster Management.
1. René de Vries, Head of Office, ECHO
2. Manfred Fernholz, First Secretary, Food & Nutrition Security, Delegation of the European Union to Bangladesh
3. Prof. Mahabuba Nasrin, Director, Ins. Of Disaster management and Vulnerability Studies.
1. Nipin Gangadharan, CD, Action Against Hunger (ACF)
2. Mahfuzur Rahman, CD, MuslimAid
3. Mohammad Golam Sorwar, CD, DanChurch Aid.
1. Dr. Mohammad Shakil Akhter, Professor, Urban and Regional Planning, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET)
2. Dr. Md. Moshiur Rahman, Associate Professor, Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline, Khulna University.